Monday, August 4, 2008

del.icio.us

Del.icio.us is just that, delicious! It is a great tool to organize and save your favorite websites. I set up my own account and will start saving my favorite links to this site instead of bookmarking them through the browser. I was never able to find anything that I saved in the browser based "favorites" and I am really interested to see how the tagging will work for me. I like the fact that I am in control of how I tag my sites and can use any terminology I want. This should help me to remember where I categorized the sites!

Another great feature is that I can access my del.icio.us account from any computer. I will be able to access my bookmarks from both home and work, saving myself a lot of time and effort.

I also think there are a lot of possibilities to be explored with the sharing option. I think it is a great tool for people to share information, especially at the reference desk or those working on projects.

No comments: